HLP Employment Law Practice
HLP knows that employment disputes can affect every business, no matter the industry. HLP is committed to helping its clients avoid potential pitfalls through preventative counseling and the drafting of enforceable employment agreements that work to protect our clients and their businesses. If a dispute winds up in the courtroom, HLPW is experienced in defending a wide range of federal and state employment matters, including claims of sexual harassment, discrimination, and violation of federal regulations.
- Defended employer against terminated employee's claims of disability discrimination under the Americans with Disabilities Act, interference with Family and Medical Leave Act rights, and Retaliation under the Family and Medical Leave Act. Prevailed on summary judgment for all claims.
- Defended employer and supervisor against terminated employee's claims of hostile work environment based on sexual harassment, retaliation under Title VII, and intentional infliction of emotional distress. Prevailed on summary judgment for all claims.
- Defended employee against former co-worker's claim for tortious interference with a business relationship and other tort claims.
- Represented employer against terminated employee's claims for violation of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act. Settled the case prior to filing of Charge of Discrimination for less than $5,000.00.
- Represented current employer and its employees on claims of violation of the Trade Secrets Act and Restrictive Covenants Act brought by former employer. Settled the case prior to any injunction being entered by the Court and without any monetary damages.
- Drafted state-specific employment agreements and severance agreements for a variety of clients, including contractors and medical professionals.